H2020 National Contact Points Training, Addis Ababa, 26 - 27 October 2015
In the framework of the INCONTACT 2020 and CAASTNET+ projects, a 2-day event was held on 26 and 27 October 2015 at the African Union premises in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The aim of the event was two-fold: to increase the awareness of Eastern African NCPs on funding opportunities under Horizon 2020 and to train them to support the scientific community in their countries to apply to the H2020 calls for proposals.
About 10 NCPs assisted the training, most of which were NCPs coordinators.
On day one, further to the opening session chaired by Dr Mahama Ouedraogo of the African Union Commission and Mr Stéphane Hogan, counsellor at the Delegation of the European Union to the African Union, the floor was left to the speakers for the presentations on EU-Africa cooperation, general overview of H2020 and roles and responsibilities of NCPs as well as sources of information. The South African and Ghanaian experiences were shared and the audience participated in an open debate about barriers and lessons learnt.
On day two the following topics were presented: H2020 funding opportunities for African researchers (societal challenges 1, 2 and 5 and ERAFRICA II), H2020 rules for participation and proposal submission. A more hands-on training on proposal writing followed in the afternoon. Many issues captured the attention of the audience such as the minimum standards to apply to H2020 calls, the eligibility criteria to apply to ERAFRICA II calls, the eligibility of costs under H2020 conditions. The participants also expressed great interest in being informed about upcoming H2020 Infodays and workshops organized in Africa.
More information and the presentations:
- Report: H2020 National Contact Points Training
- Stéphane Hogan, Counsellor for Research & Innovation, European Commission, DG R&I, EU Delegation to the African Union - HORIZON 2020 - An opportunity for international collaboration
- Stéphane Hogan, Counsellor for Research & Innovation, European Commission, DG R&I, EU Delegation to the African Union - EU-AFRICA International cooperation in R&I
- CAAST‐Net Plus - The African Regional Economic Communities and Africa‐EU STI cooperation
- CAAST‐Net Plus - ERAfrica
- CAAST‐Net Plus - RINEA Research and Innovation Network for Europe and Africa
- CAAST‐Net Plus - Introduction to National Contact Points
- CAAST‐Net Plus - What is an NCP - Roles and responsibilities - Sources of Information for NCPs
- Mr Cheka Mailula - Setting Up National Contact Point Network: South African Experience
- Flavia Mariani, IRD - Incontact 2020 Supporting International Cooperation under H2020
- CAAST‐Net Plus - Submitting a proposal
- Flavia Mariani, IRD - Horizon 2020 Funding schemes & Rules of participation
- CAAST‐Net Plus - Societal Challenge 1: Health, demographic change and wellbeing
- CAAST‐Net Plus - Societal Challenge 2: Food Security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine and maritime and inland water research and the bioeconomy